[MITgcm-support] pickup obcs issue

David Hebert david.hebert.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil
Fri Oct 30 13:19:33 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I am running a high resolution 2D simulation with a timestep of 0.25sec.
I am applying a constant, barotropic velocity at the boundaries for this
study. The boundary conditions are good when the simulations starts.
However, it seems that when the simulation picks up it does not apply
the obcs boundary conditions that were applied from the onset.  Thus, I
have zero velocities/T/S at the boundaries when the simulation picks up.

Since I am less than 1sec timestep I have removed the exf and cal
packages.  My packages.conf looks like this
gfd
obcs
# exf
# cal
diagnostics
# my82

Also, I set  periodicExternalForcing=.FALSE., in data file PARM03
namelist. Has anyone else come across this problem? Can someone see what
I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,

David