[MITgcm-support] hfac question

Matthew Mazloff mmazloff at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 6 12:09:19 EDT 2009

Hi David,

It is a bit odd that it gave you 90 for hFacW(1,:), but I guess it is
fine as I believe what happens on the western open boundary is that it
sets U(1,:) and U(2,:) to the prescribed value and sets (assumes) zero
divergence right on the boundary center (helps pressure solver).  So
yes, I believe what is truly coming into the dynamics -- and what is
entering the domain -- is sum(U(2,:).*drF .* hfacW(2,:)).

-Matt