[MITgcm-support] Loading a new variable

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Thu Nov 26 11:06:57 EST 2009

Hi Nicolas,

If the goal is just to add a specific forcing term,
I would try to use "mypackage" with
(#define MYPACKAGE_TENDENCY).
and read the spatial structure only once and then compute the
tendency at each time step.
But if it's really related to an open-boundary problem, then
I would follow Martin's suggestion. And then you could just modify
obcs_external_fields_load.F (called at each time-step, but loads
file only once if periodicExternalForcing is false).
Cheers,
Jean-Michel