[MITgcm-support] pickup OBCS without exf, cal

David Hebert david.hebert at nrlssc.navy.mil
Wed Nov 18 15:36:28 EST 2009

I am running a 2D simulation with OBCS  but not using exf or cal. I have
open boundary files for S,T,U,V with 3 "snapshots" (i.e., 3*nz*ny, where
ny=1 for 2d case) The relevant parm03 from data is...

&PARM03
  niter0=0,
  nTimeSteps = 12,
  deltaT = 1.,
  abEps = 0.01,
  pChkptFreq = 6.,
  chkptFreq = 0.0,
  dumpFreq = 1.,
  monitorFreq = 1.,
  periodicExternalForcing=.TRUE.,
  externForcingPeriod=6.,
  externForcingCycle=6.,
&

The first run from iteration 0-12 runs fine, BC"s are as expected. When
I pickup and change niter0 to 12, the next dump at iteration 13 shows
zero for my boundary conditions. Note the deltaT is 1sec  here, not less
than a second as in a previous post. Can anyone suggest what the problem
might be or what to look for in debugging?

Thanks,

David