[MITgcm-support] MITgcm - CUDA architecture

Stefano Querin squerin at ogs.trieste.it
Tue Jun 23 07:49:52 EDT 2009

Hi everybody,

I was wondering about the chance of porting the MITgcm model on NVIDIA
GPUs based platforms using the CUDA architecture.
Those platforms seem to provide great performances.
Does anybody have some experience about this topic, or does it
interest somebody?
Here at my Institute, some colleagues would like to test these
platforms, and the MITgcm code could be a good case study.
By the way, there is the will to do so (we don't have such a kind of
parallel system yet): I'm just looking for some further information,
if available.

Thanks!

Stefano