[MITgcm-support] (no subject)

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Thu Jun 4 02:49:32 EDT 2009

Manish,

for a run starting from a pickup, SEAICE_initialHEFF is not used,
instead the values in the pickup file are used (otherwise it wouldn't
be a clean restart, right?).

If you want to have a look at how it's done: in seaice_init_varia.F
you'll see that
1. HEFF = 0. (initialization)
2. If statement:
a. either read pickup file (which contains also HEFF)
b. or initialize HEFF with SEAICE_initialHEFF, and then if available
overwrite with whatever is in HeffFile

Btw, that's also the general procedure for other state variables of
the model.

Martin