[MITgcm-support] shelficeForcingS and SHIForcS units ?

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Jul 27 04:52:36 EDT 2009

Madeline,

it's always possible, that there is a mismatch between real units and
what is described, but in this case everything seems OK to me:
units of shelficeForcingS should be salinity_units*m/s.
In your case rUnit2mass = rhoConst = 999.8 kg/m^3 (or whatever you
specified in data), so shelficeForcingS*rUnit2mass should be
salinity_units*kg/m^2/s. But what are salinity_units (actually there
are no units anymore, PSU should not be use, ask Michael)? Something
like g salt per kg water (g/kg) => g/m^2/s. So everything is in order,
right?

Martin