[MITgcm-support] makefile problems

ouc.edu.cn ouc.edu.cn at 163.com
Thu Jan 8 23:10:16 EST 2009

Hi,
I meet a problem recently.When I enter the syntax: "../../../tools/genmake2  -mpi -mods=../code -of=../../../tools/build_options/linux_ia64_altix",there is an error message:
GENMAKE :
A program for GENerating MAKEfiles for the MITgcm project.  For a
quick list of options, use "genmake -h" or for more detail see:
  http://mitgcm.org/devel_HOWTO/
===  Processing options files and arguments  ===
  getting local config information:  none found
Warning:  ROOTDIR was not specified but there appears to be a copy of MITgcm at "../../.." so we'll try it.
  getting OPTFILE information:
    using OPTFILE="../../../tools/build_options/linux_ia64_altix"
  getting AD_OPTFILE information:
    using AD_OPTFILE="../../../tools/adjoint_options/adjoint_default"
  Turning on MPI cpp macros
===  Checking system libraries  ===
  Do we have the system() command using ifort...  yes
  Do we have the fdate() command using ifort...  yes
  Do we have the etime() command using ifort...  yes
  Can we call simple C routines (here, "cloc()") using ifort...  yes
  Can we unlimit the stack size using ifort...  yes
  Can we register a signal handler using ifort...  yes
  Can we use stat() through C calls...  yes
  Can we create NetCDF-enabled binaries...  no
===  Setting defaults  ===
  Adding MODS directories:   ../code
  Making source files in eesupp from templates
Error: problem encountered while building source files in eesupp:
make: *** No rule to make target `exch_uv_rx_cube.template', needed by `exch_uv_rl_cube.F'.  Stop.

It was all right when I entered the syntax 3days before,and I didn't modify or move any files,but suddenly encountered the error.Besides,the SGI in the college is also all right.So what's the prolem?
Thank you very much.
Best regards.
                                                  Chuncheng