[MITgcm-support] momentum diagnostics

Michael A. Spall mspall at whoi.edu
Thu Jan 8 11:08:42 EST 2009

Forgive me if this has already been discussed.  I would like to
save each of the tendency terms on the rhs of the momentum
equations.  The available_diagnostics.log seems less than clear
on what is available.  From looking at the code, Um_Advec seems
to represent all advection terms, including the Coriolis term. Can I
save each rhs term independently? I did not see a tendency due to
the pressure gradient term. Also, the tendency of zonal momentum
(TOTUTEND) seems to have different units from the individual
tendency terms such as Um_Advec (it is 5 orders of magnitude larger).
I am using a version of MITgcm that is almost 1 year old, if
this makes any difference.

Thanks,
Mike

Michael A. Spall