[MITgcm-support] obcs problem

名 徐 elisabei at yahoo.com.cn
Mon Jan 5 21:58:54 EST 2009

Dear
   The web you gave couldn't been open.Would you give me the routine in addition.
Thank you!

--- 08年12月23日,周二, Dimitris Menemenlis <dmenemenlis at gmail.com> 写道:

发件人: Dimitris Menemenlis <dmenemenlis at gmail.com>
主题: Re: [MITgcm-support] obcs problem
收件人: mitgcm-support at mitgcm.org
日期: 2008,1223,周二,8:25上午

Chuncheng, you can look at
http://ecco2.jpl.nasa.gov/data1/arctic/run_template_cube81/mk_run_template.m
for an example of balancing boundary conditions offline.  Search for
"balance BCs".
When I do that, I find that mean sea level remains balanced.  Dimitris

On Dec 20, 2008, at 8:06 AM, ouc.edu.cn wrote:

>  Hi Martin,
>    I have met the same problem,I mean ,the obcs balance  problem.I'm
simulating South China sea,and the structure of the currents seems
good.However,the sea level height keeps rising.After 30 years integration,it can
rise to 20m! I set exactConserv =.TRUE.,but it doesn't work.I checked
pkg/obcs/obcs_calc.F,but there is no algorithm that can keep the obcs balance.
>  Of course we can keep the flux balanced before running,but I think maybe
after sevel years,the amplitude will also rise,but not as large as before.So
could you give me any suggestions?