[MITgcm-support] BC's for flow in a box

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Tue Feb 24 03:15:15 EST 2009

David,
closed boundaries with a sponge layer for for T/S are straight forward
with the RBCS package, velocities are not affected by this package,
using this package is quite straightforward.

If you want a sponge layer for U/V, then you need to use OBCS and you
need to put your boundaries inside the domain, that is at 1,nx, and
1,ny (OB_Jsouth=nx*1, OB_Jnorth=nx*-1, OB_Iwest=ny*1, OB_Ieast=ny*-1)
and then use the parameters OBCSuseSponge, U/Vrelaxinner/bound

Martin