[MITgcm-support] pickup after changing number of processors

Yuan Lian lian at email.arizona.edu
Tue Dec 29 21:31:37 EST 2009

Hi David,

You don't need to use pickupStrictlyMatch=.FALSE. to increase number of
processors.
When you change number of processors, make sure the total number of points
in longitude and latitude unchanged. For instance, Nx=sNx*nSx*nPx, if nPx
is doubled, sNx will be reduced to half of the original value (assuming
you use
same number of tiles).

After modifying SIZE.h, you will need to recompile the code. Make sure
the number of
physical processors you are using matches nPx*nPy. For example, if nPx=8
and nPy=2,
you need 16 processors. Hope this helps.

Yuan