[MITgcm-support] addition of selectNHfreeSurf

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Mon Dec 14 14:43:35 EST 2009

Hi David,

The code is not yet checked-in. I have a small test-case
that I am working on and which shows some improvement when
I turn on selectNHfreeSurf, but need to check what it's
doing in other Non-Hydrostatic set-up.
It's mainly intended for cases where the vertical acceleration
at the surface is significant and needs a non-hydrostatic
treatment.
I felt easier to add the flag first so that I can test this new
feature on several platforms and with different set-up.

I might try soon after to get some of the non-hydrostatic code to
work with non-linear free-surface, but it's not yet the case.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel