[MITgcm-support] upgrade to latest checkpoint

Klymak Jody jklymak at uvic.ca
Sat Aug 15 18:27:32 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I just upgraded from a 2006 version of the gcm to c61T.  It looks like
its working, but a few of the utility routines have changed so I have
some debugging before I'm sure my code mods are correct.  A couple of
questions in the meantime:

Does anyone have an rdmds.m that works with the new file structure
(i.e. 0000/*.001.data, 0001/*.002.data, etc) or is there an easy way
to turn that file structure off?

DRF.*, DRC.*, PHrefC.*, PHrefF.*, RC.* and RF.* all are written to the
directory the gcm is run from, not from the directory indicated by
mdsioLocalDir, where everything else goes.  This was a problem in the
2006 version as well, and I think qualifies as a bug.  Looks like
write_glvec_rs.F,  doesn't respect mdsionLocalDir.

Thanks,  Jody

--
Jody Klymak
http://web.uvic.ca/~jklymak