[MITgcm-support] Re: MITgcm-support Digest, Vol 74, Issue 10

Marcello Gatimu Magaldi Marcello.Magaldi at jhu.edu
Wed Aug 12 12:50:45 EDT 2009

Hi Martin! Again thank you for the attention!
Yes you understood exactly what I have in mind. I will be interested to
have a look at your subroutine where
you prescribe Stevens-like BC. If I remember they were kind of
reduced-physics BC
and different from the characteristic methods.  However it will be
useful to see how
to extract and prescribe obcs for barotropic velocities to mitgcm.

Another thing: as you said, we cannot at the moment run with non linear
free surface and orlanski bcs.
Is there a specific reason for that? Orlanski radiation conditions still
remain a very good choices for
tracer fields...