[MITgcm-support] taf errors

Suneet Dwivedi suneetdwivedi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 18:35:50 EDT 2009

Hi Everybody,
>From yesterday, i am getting strange TAF errors while building adjoint of my
mode code. The error message says:

 undefined option : -nonew_arg

 Transformation of Algorithms in Fortran (TAF) Version 1.9.50
 Copyright 2000-2009 FastOpt GmbH, Hamburg, Germany
 All rights reserved.

and then finally build fails with the message

the_model_main.o(.text+0x207): In function `the_model_main_':
the_model_main.f: undefined reference to `adthe_main_loop_'
make: *** [mitgcmuv_ad] Error 1

I found that this argument is no longer used in newer versions of MITgcm
adopt files. Is there any way by which i can still use the older version of
the MITgcm and avoid this error? Please help.

Thanks,
Suneet