[MITgcm-support] problem running tutorial_global_oce_latlon

Samar Khatiwala spk at ldeo.columbia.edu
Tue Sep 16 10:00:35 EDT 2008

Hi Jean-Michel

I tried a lower optimization, but that did not fix the problem.

What worked however is increasing OLx and OLy from 3 to 4. Now the
model runs fine.

More puzzling still is that the model runs fine with the original OLx
and OLy on a Mac with ifort+gcc.
Both the Linux box and Mac have the same version of ifort (10.1).

Any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks, Samar