[MITgcm-support] problem running tutorial_global_oce_latlon

Samar Khatiwala spk at ldeo.columbia.edu
Mon Sep 15 18:58:49 EDT 2008

Hi Jean-Michel

I use a home brewed opt file (very similar to the various *ia64_ifort*
option files that ships with MITgcm).
See attached below.

I am able to run other configurations of the model compiled with this
exact same opt file, so I'm puzzled
as to why it should fail on this particular one. Anyway, I'll try with
a lower optimization level.

Thanks, Samar

FC='mpif77'
CC='mpicc'
LN='/bin/ln -s'
CPP='cpp  -traditional -P'
LINK=$FC

S64='$(TOOLSDIR)/set64bitConst.sh'

INCLUDES='-I/usr/local/mpich2/include'

DEFINES='-DALLOW_USE_MPI -DALWAYS_USE_MPI -DWORDLENGTH=4'

NOOPTFLAGS='-O0'
NOOPTFILES='mds_byteswapr8.F mds_byteswapr4.F mds_byteswapi4.F'

#  Note that the -mp switch is for ieee "maintain precision" and is
#  roughly equivalent to -ieee
if test "x$IEEE" = x ; then
     FOPTIM='-O3 -align'
     FFLAGS='-132 -r8 -i4 -w95 -W0 -WB -assume byterecl -convert
big_endian'
else
     FOPTIM='-O0 -noalign'
     FFLAGS='-132 -r8 -i4 -w95 -W0 -WB -pc64 -xW -assume byterecl -
convert big_endian'
fi