回复: Re: [MITgcm-support] parameter set

Maxiaohui maxiaohui823 at yahoo.cn
Tue Sep 2 09:32:40 EDT 2008

Hi Martin,

  Thank you for your suggestion.
  I noticed that in the data.obcs of exp4,
  OB_Jnorth=80*-1,
 OB_Jsouth=80*1,
 OB_Ieast=42*-1,
 OB_Iwest=42*1,
  that means all the points on the boundary must have u v values,right? Since my experiment has land points at the boudary, moreover, different layers have different land points(there are 23 layers in my experiment), then how should I set OB_Jnorth ,OB_Jsouth,OB_Ieast,OB_Iwest ?

  One more qustion ,when I run this experiment for a try , I got the followeing error:
  S/R EESET_PARMS
Unable to open execution environment
parameter file "eedata"
ABNORMAL END: S/R EESET_PARMS
MPI: MPI_COMM_WORLD rank 0 has terminated without calling MPI_Finalize()
MPI: aborting job
  Is this related to my size.h  file? My size.h file is:
     &           sNx =  121,
     &           sNy =  61,
     &           OLx =   3,
     &           OLy =   3,
     &           nSx =   1,
     &           nSy =   1,
     &           nPx =   1,
     &           nPy =   1,
     &           Nx  = sNx*nSx*nPx,
     &           Ny  = sNy*nSy*nPy,
     &           Nr  =   23)

  and the eedata file is:
  # Example "eedata" file
# Lines beginning "#" are comments
# nTx - No. threads per process in X
# nTy - No. threads per process in Y
 &EEPARMS
 nTx=1,
 nTy=1,
 &
# Note: Some systems use & as the
# namelist terminator. Other systems
# use a / character (as shown here).

  Could you tell me what is going wrong? Thank you very much!

  sincerely,

  Xiaohui

Martin Losch <Martin.Losch at awi.de> 写道:
  Hi Xiaohui,

in "data":
to set the monthly interval between forcing field records (months) set
externForcingPeriod=2592000.,
to have your twelve month forcing repeat year after year set
periodicExternalForcing=.TRUE.,
externForcingCycle=31104000.,
These values are then also valid for the obcs-boundary conditions. In
other words, in "data.obcs" you need to specify the boundary value
files, just as in exp4 and that's it. This is convenient, but
inflexible, because it requires that all your forcing and boundary
values have to be available at the same forcing "frequency/period",
but you have that.

Alternatively you could use the exf/cal package to be able to set the
period/cycle indiviually for each external field, but for a simple
configuration I don't recommend that.

Martin