[MITgcm-support] parameter set

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Tue Sep 2 03:35:08 EDT 2008

Hi Xiaohui,

in "data":
to set the monthly interval between forcing field records (months) set
  externForcingPeriod=2592000.,
to have your twelve month forcing repeat year after year set
  periodicExternalForcing=.TRUE.,
  externForcingCycle=31104000.,
These values are then also valid for the obcs-boundary conditions. In
other words, in "data.obcs" you need to specify the boundary value
files, just as in exp4 and that's it. This is convenient, but
inflexible, because it requires that all your forcing and boundary
values have to be available at the same forcing "frequency/period",
but you have that.

Alternatively you could use the exf/cal package to be able to set the
period/cycle indiviually for each external field, but for a simple
configuration I don't recommend that.

Martin