[MITgcm-support] Internal wave problems

ouc.edu.cn ouc.edu.cn at 163.com
Sun Nov 23 23:34:11 EST 2008

 Hi,
   I want to simulate the process of internal waves(exactly, the tide-generated internal waves),so I choose the example in \verification\internal_wave and try to customize it. However,this sample is very simple.It's only a 2-D field.But that's not the problem,the problem is,if I want to simulate the tide-generated internal waves,the barotropic tides is necessary.As we know, barotropic tides are quite different from internal waves in time and space scale.So,how should I add barotropic tides message into the model ? Are there any materials that I can refer to ?
  Please give me some suggestions on running that.Thank you very much.
                                                              Chuncheng