[MITgcm-support] no_slip_bottom and bottomDragLinear questions

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Sun Nov 16 16:04:31 EST 2008

Hi David,
please have a look at pkg/mom_common/mom_u/v_bottomdrag.F
There you'll see that no_slip_bottom and bottomDragLinear/Quadratic
are independent (although, it does not make too much sense to have
bottom drag and free slip, right?).

Simulations are probably similar, because with a castellated
topography, you'll effectively always have no slip solutions, see
Adcroft+Marshall(1998, JMR)

Martin