[MITgcm-support] seaice_salinity

Matthew Mazloff mmazloff at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 18 12:23:49 EST 2008

Hi Michael,

Actually I wasn't concerned with the SEAICE_strength as I thought
most SO ice is new ice and sloshy.  Sloshy ice should be weak so I
was ok with low strenght.  But sloshy ice is rough and has high
drag....or so I thought.  I really don't know much about all this sea-
ice stuff.

My biggest concern is how unstable the seaice model is!  Do you know
any tricks?  Perhaps turning down max vel. or shortening the time step?

-Matt