[MITgcm-support] potential vorticity matlab toolbox

lian at email.arizona.edu lian at email.arizona.edu
Tue Nov 11 17:18:48 EST 2008

Hi Renske,

The matlab code calc_vort_cs.m here:
http://mitgcm.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/MITgcm/utils/matlab/cs_grid/

these codes calculates the relative vorticity. You can use these and
plug into the standard Ertel potential vorticity equation (assuming
you are using the cube-sphere grid and have a statically stratified
atmosphere). The calculation of potential vorticity in latlon grid
is fairly straight forward.

-Yuan