[MITgcm-support] Problem with Bathymetry

Abbas Dorostkar abbas.dorostkar at ce.queensu.ca
Thu Nov 6 18:05:20 EST 2008

Dear all,

To generate the bathymetry file of a lake, I interpolate the lake topography
to the grid coordinates, using the correct size corresponding to the model
domain size set in SIZE.h .  However, when values of nx and ny are not large
enough, the bathymetry does not look very good.

I increased these values in the bathymetry file but not in SIZE.h and data
namelist (delx and dely). The model returns zero values for velocities and
temp without blowing up.  I am assuming the values of nx and ny should be
the same in both SIZE.h and bathymetry file. Is that right?

I am thinking to tune the bathymetry manually (by-hand adjustment). Is there
any other way to address this issue.

Thanks so much

Abbas