[MITgcm-support] implementation of k-epsilon or Mellor-Yamada turbulent model

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Wed Nov 5 08:04:52 EST 2008

There is a 2nd order MY model (not the 2.5 order one), but no k-eps,
please have a look at MITgcm/verification/vermix for a demonstration
of the available mixed layer models (KPP, Pacanowsky+Philander, 1981,
Mellor+Yamada 1982, a TKE scheme by Gaspar etal 1990), there are also
simpler schemes (convective adjustment and "implicit diffusion") but
you are probably not interested in them.

The atmosphere model fizhi has the 2.5 MY model I think (but I am not
sure).

Martin