[MITgcm-support] PTRACERS Initialization

helen hill helen0hill at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 10:58:51 EST 2008

I ran in to this problem myself a couple of weeks ago - although I was
using the ptracers package as part of an offline configuration of the
MITgcm.
I'm pretty sure letting the model run for a while before putting in a
tracer is something that used to work and doesn't any more... When I
have a moment, if you come up with a work-around yet (or anyway, since
any work-around has got to be uglier than just being able to set
PTRACERS_Iter0 = a non-zero integer) I'll see if I can dig out the
suite of 1/6th degree North Atlantic tracer experiments where I did
this.