[MITgcm-support] seaice_salinity

Dimitris Menemenlis dmenemenlis at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 18:27:02 EDT 2008

units of seaice_hsalt are g/m^2
so say for 10 m sea ice thickness at approximately 1000 kg/m^3 density
and 10 g/kg salinity,
seaice_hslat_max would be in neighborhood of 10^5 g/m^2

it's not a super-important flag but it does help from rejecting too
much salt all at once and hence
mixing too much.  it should not cause model to blow up?  if anything
it will be a little stabler than
without it?  maybe something else?

D.