[MITgcm-support] How to create .nc file

randhir singh randhir_s2000 at rediffmail.com
Tue May 27 23:32:19 EDT 2008

Sir,I have sucessfully created the mitgcmuv file for exp2. Now please guide me through the steps by which I can create the .nc file to proceed further in the analysis of the experiment using grads in windows xp.When I execute the mpirun -np 1 ./mitgcmuv command I get the following error message, the statement is as follows."
It seems that [atleast] one of the processes that was started with
mpirun did not invoke MPI_INIT before quitting........mpirun can
*only*  be used with mpi programs (i.e programs that invoke MPI_INIT
and MPI_FINALIZE) " Now guide me how to remove this error.I am using the optfile as /linux_ia32_g77+mpi_cg01. I have copied the MITgcm  experiment on the Red Hat Linux server and use telnet on windows xp to get connected to the linux server.Regards,Randhir Singh.