[MITgcm-support] direct space time timestepping

David Hebert hebert at nrlssc.navy.mil
Tue May 27 16:42:08 EDT 2008

The users manual shows that specifying direct space time (DST) does
not use Adams Bashforth (AB), but rather multi-dimension stepping.
The routines all specify the inputs as tracers. My question is since
I can not specify a momentum advection scheme, is there a way to
timestep momentum other than 2nd order AB? I am interested in higher
accurate time stepping to compare a simulation of a non-hydrostatic jet.

Thanks,
David