[MITgcm-support] obcs in CPP_OPTIONS.h?

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at MIT.EDU
Tue May 27 10:49:53 EDT 2008

HI there,

since "obcs" is a package, it is enabled in
code/packages.conf
rather than in
code/CPP_OPTIONS.h
(see e.g. manual, section 6.1.1 Package Inclusion/Exclusion)
http://mitgcm.org/r2_manual/latest/online_documents/node226.html

In order to avoid confusion,
this practice is "enforced" by having genmake2 stop if it finds
such a #define in a CPP file.

You can verify this by checking the contents of
verification/plume_on_slope/code/
(which, by the way, in newer versions of the code has changed into
verification/tutorial_plume_on_slope/
and is documented in section 3.16.3
http://mitgcm.org/r2_manual/latest/online_documents/node152.html
and as I am typing and double-checking this, I see
that the manual has the wrong instructions, since it wrongly says
"Open boundaries are enabled with #define ALLOW_OBCS in code/
CPP_OPTIONS.h").
Our apologies...

-Patrick