[MITgcm-support] obcs in CPP_OPTIONS.h?

Renske Gelderloos gelderlo at knmi.nl
Tue May 27 10:10:41 EDT 2008

Hi,

I've got a question about open boundary conditions. In the tutorial
(3.14.3) it says that you should add

#define ALLOW_OBCS

in code/CPP_OPTIONS.h. However, if I do so I cannot compile anymore and
get the following error (in genmake2):

Searching for *OPTIONS.h files  in order to warn about the presence of
"#define "-type statements that are no longer allowed:
found CPP_OPTIONS="../code//CPP_OPTIONS.h"
Error: In ../code//CPP_OPTIONS.h there is an illegal line: #define
ALLOW_OBCS

Furthermore, in the CPP_OPTIONS.h in verification/plume_on_slope/code I
cannot find this switch. Has it changed in any way? Or am I missing
something else? Thanks for any advice!

Renske