[MITgcm-support] optfile

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Tue May 20 10:09:52 EDT 2008

Elja,

the (incomplete) messages that you provide tell me that genmake2 to
trying to guess your environment and uses some defaults. These
defaults (or the guess) do not work in your case. In order to make
things work you need to know
1. your platform+operating system (what does "uname -a" give  you?)
2. the compiler that is available/that you want to use (including the
path to it and to possible libraries that may be necessary, talk to
your system administrator).
Based on that information, you can choose an optfile in the tools/
build_options/ directory as a strating point (as Nikolay suggested),
copy this file to a new name and adapt it to your needs.

If you need further help, please make all of the output (stdout and
error) of "genmake2", "make depend", and "make" available.

Martin