[MITgcm-support] optfile

Nikolay Koldunov koldunovn at gmail.com
Tue May 20 07:47:44 EDT 2008

Hi, Elja

If you have IBM XL Fortran compiler installed in your system, then
maybe one of those opt files will fit :)

 linux_ppc64_xlf
 linux_ppc64_xlf_bigred
 linux_ppc64_xlf_bigred+mth
 linux_ppc64_xlf+mth
 linux_ppc64_xlf_ncar
 linux_ppc64_xlf_ncar+mth

to use them, just provide the path to genmake2 like this:

./genmake -of ../path/to/your/build_options/linux_ppc64_xlf

Maybe this will work )

Kolya

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 1:32 PM, Elja Huibregtse
<J.N.Huibregtse at student.tudelft.nl> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to set up the cube-sphere integration (with sea ice on the cs32
> grid) on a supercomputer. During the genmake2-step, I get the output:
> - The platform appears to be: linux_ppc64,
> - Error: can't read OPTFILE="../tools/build_options/linux_ppc64_gfortran"
>
> Because I don't have this file, I was advised to use the following file as
> optfile:
> ==================
> FC=xlf_r
> DEFINES='-DWORDLENGTH=4'
> CPP='cpp  -traditional -P'
> NOOPTFLAGS='-O0'
> MAKEDEPEND=/usr/X11R6/bin/makedepend
> FFLAGS='-O3 -qstrict -qarch=auto -qtune=auto'
> ==================
>
> Applying this file does not seem to work, because the next errors appear
> during the make-step:
> (this is only the last part of the error list):
>
> ==================
> : undefined reference to `.barrier'
> write_state.o(.text+0x214): In function `.write_state':
> : undefined reference to `.write_fld_xy_rl'
> write_state.o(.text+0x300): In function `.write_state':
> : undefined reference to `.write_fld_xy_rl'
> write_state.o(.text+0x30c): In function `.write_state':
> : undefined reference to `.barrier'
> make: *** [mitgcmuv] Error 1
> ==================
>

> Does someone know what goes wrong and how I have to fix it?
> Does someone have the optfile "linux_ppc64_gfortran"?
>
> Thanks a lot!
> Elja

Nikolay Koldunov
International Max Planck Research School on Earth System Modelling,
Institut für Meereskunde der Universität Hamburg,
Zentrum für Meeres- und Klimaforschung

koldunovn at gmail.com
nikolay.koldunov at zmaw.de
ph. +49 40 428387479