[MITgcm-support] build error: obcs and ptracers with ecco

Suneet Dwivedi suneetdwivedi at gmail.com
Mon May 19 12:23:30 EDT 2008

Hi Patrick,
As per your advice I stripped down my adjoint model code so as to run
it on a single processor. As I told you earlier also that it works
fine without any error with obcs package but as soon as I try to
include ptracers I get the following TAF error messages so that I am
unable to build the adjoint code.
1325411 CADJ STORE OBNptr  = tapelev4, key = ilev_4
                  ^
*ERROR* : identifier not defined
1325413 CADJ STORE OBNptr0 = tapelev4, key = ilev_4
                  ^
*ERROR* : identifier not defined
1325414 CADJ STORE OBNptr1 = tapelev4, key = ilev_4

and similarly for S,W,E boundaries.

Attached herewith is the output of 'make adall' for your kind perusal.
Please help me resolve this problem.
Hoping for your reply,
Suneet