[MITgcm-support] build error: obcs and ptracers with ecco

Suneet Dwivedi suneetdwivedi at gmail.com
Fri May 16 13:37:48 EDT 2008

Hi Everybody,
Is this possible to build the adjoint code in which ptracers package
works with open boundary conditions? For me, it failed. I am able to
build the forward code successfully with both ptracers and obcs
defined in packages.conf, but my build failed (see error message
below) when I tried to do the same thing for adjoint code (by allowing
ecco, autodiff, cost and ctrl in packages.conf).
the_model_main.o(.text+0x207): In function `the_model_main_':
: undefined reference to `adthe_main_loop_'
make: *** [mitgcmuv_ad] Error 1