[MITgcm-support] diagnostics pkg!

Van Thinh Nguyen vtnguyen at moisie2.math.uwaterloo.ca
Mon May 12 17:08:57 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I would like to output wind stresses on the surface of a lake by using
diagnostics pkg, I did check the file 'available_diagnostics.log' and used
'oceTAUX' and 'oceTAUY' with respect to them. However, I still got the
errors as follows:

"ABNORMAL END: S/R DIAGNOSTICS_SET_POINTERS"

Here is my data.diagnostics:
---------------
# Diagnostic Package Choices
  &diagnostics_list
   timePhase(1) = 0.
   frequency(1) = -7200.,
#  dumpAtLast = .TRUE.,
# Omit level(1,1) to diagnose ALL levels otherwise list individual levels
here
#   levels(1,1) = 1.,
    fields(1,1) = 'momKE',
    filename(1) = 'tke',
    frequency(2) = -3600.,
#   levels(1,2) = 1.,
    fields(1,2) = 'oceTAUX',
    filename(2) = 'taux',
    frequency(3)= -3600.0,
    fields(1,3) = 'oceTAUY',
    filename(3) = 'tauy',
  &end

#-----------------
  &DIAG_STATIS_PARMS
#- an example just to check the agreement with MONITOR output:
#stat_fields(1,1)= 'ETAN    ','UVEL    ','VVEL    ','WVEL    ', 'THETA
',
#   stat_fname(1)= 'dynStDiag',
#    stat_freq(1)= -864000.,
#   stat_phase(1)= 0.,
  &

Can someone give me an idea how can I fix this error?

Thanks a lot,

Van Thinh