[MITgcm-support] cubed sphere

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon May 5 06:12:27 EDT 2008

Hi Elja,

the XC/YC/XG/YG are the geographical coordinates (in degrees) of the
cell centers (C) and lower left cell corners (G) of the model grid
(cubed sphere). So if you have a formula that computes a (scalar)
quantity as a function of longitude and latitude, you can just use
the above coordinates. If you want to compute vector quantities on
the cubed sphere grid, things become a little more involved as you
have to take into account the orientation of the grid and rotate your
vectors accordingly.

Does this answer your question?

Martin