[MITgcm-support] MITgcm on the Mac

Patrick Rosendahl Patrick.Rosendahl at zmaw.de
Fri May 2 03:38:12 EDT 2008

> I use ifort and gcc. For MPI, I use mpich. Everything, including
> netcdf, matlab mex files, etc compiles 'out of the box'.

same for me here. though I have tested ifort only, working with GNU
fortran. ifort worked as 64bit also, but i didnt see any improvement,
since it will just make your EXE larger (64bit offsets etc), and i am
not using more than 4gb per process (using dual-core w/ MPI instead).

as for latex, I use "fink" package manager. works well.
some packages like libnetcdf come with fink, too, but the last time i
checked it, it came without fortran support...
it is advisable to have a set of ifort and a set of GNUfortran libraries
anyways, so d/l the source and compiling/installing it into seperate
directories is necessary (to avoid any compilation/linking problems etc).

Patrick Rosendahl