[MITgcm-support] diagnostics pkg

Martin.Losch at awi.de Martin.Losch at awi.de
Thu Mar 27 16:14:50 EDT 2008

Hi there,

is it possible to define more than one output stream for the same diagnostic? I get all sorts of warning messages
such as

(PID.TID 0007.0001) - WARNING - SETDIAG: Diagnostic #    32 WVEL     has already been set

when I have this in my data.diagnostics:

 frequency(23) = 2628000.,
   fields(1,23) = 'WVEL    ',
   filename(23) = 'WVEL',
# [...]
 frequency(45) = 86400.,
   fields(1,45) = 'WVEL',
   levels(1,45) = 10.,
   filename(45) = 'WVEL_k10',
  frequency(46) = 86400.,
   fields(1,46) = 'WVEL',
   levels(1,46) = 11.,
   filename(46) = 'WVEL_k11',
# [...]
  frequency(53) = -86400.,
   fields(1,53) = 'VVEL',
   levels(1,53) = 10.,
   filename(53) = 'SNPVVEL_k10',
  frequency(54) = -86400.,
   fields(1,54) = 'WVEL',
   levels(1,54) = 10.,
   filename(54) = 'SNPWVEL_k10',

Should that worry me or will the results be as I expect?

Martin

(PS. I know that I could put more that one level into one file, but it turns out to be more convenient for like this)

Martin Losch
Alfred Wegener Institute
Postfach 120161, 27515 Bremerhaven, Germany;
Tel./Fax: ++49(0471)4831-1872/1797