[MITgcm-support] Problem with Kelvin wave speed

Eleanor Anne O'Rourke eaor at pol.ac.uk
Thu Mar 27 13:37:48 EDT 2008

Hi Martin,

Thank you very much for the advice - my Kelvin waves are now looking much closer to theory.

Thanks again for your time,

Eleanor

Eleanor O'Rourke
Proudman Oceanographic Laboratory
Joseph Proudman Building
6 Brownlow Street
Liverpool
L3 5DA
Direct line: +44 (0)151 795 4951
>>> Martin.Losch at awi.de 03/27/08 2:07 PM >>>
Hi Eleanor,

it looks like the model is still runing in some sort of asynchronos
mode? I would do is this:
replace in data
>  deltaTmom = 550.0,
> #tauCD =     172800.,
>  deltaTtracer= 550.0,
>  deltaTClock = 3600.0,
> # if you are using a version later than checkpoint45d on the main
> branch
> # you can uncomment the following line and increase the time step
> # deltaTtracer and deltaTClock to 172800.0 as well to speed up the
> # asynchronous time stepping
> # deltaTfreesurf = 172800.0,
with
deltaT = 550.0,
and turn off the rbcs pkg to exclude a further source of error but
first look at inital adjustment waves.
the global_ocean.90x40x15

Martin