[MITgcm-support] open boundary condition cost

Suneet Dwivedi suneetdwivedi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 14:10:28 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone,
When I am trying to calculate the model cost corresponding to open
boundary conditions by defining them in ECCO_CPPOPTIONS.h (define
ALLOW_OBCSN_COST_CONTRIBUTION; define  ALLOW_OBCSN_CONTROL), I am
getting the following errors:
forrtl: severe (24): end-of-file during read, unit 11, file fortqtPIW1
Image              PC                Routine            Line        Source
libintlc.so.5      0000002A95D7A05E  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
forrtl: severe (24): end-of-file during read, unit 11, file fortC2Du11
Image              PC                Routine            Line        Source
libintlc.so.5      0000002A95D7A05E  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown

If I don't make these changes in ECCO_CPPOPTIONS.h, then the model
runs fine and open  boundary conditions  show an effect on cost of
others variables but as soon as I define them this problem occurs. Can
anyone of you please tell me what is the meaning of this error and how
to tackle this problem.
Regards,
Suneet