[MITgcm-support] Define OBCS?

Van Thinh Nguyen vtnguyen at moisie2.math.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Mar 3 14:59:46 EST 2008

Hi,

In order to set OBCs' conditions at in/out flows of a lake, I have some
questions about, someone may help me out?

Number of my grid cells are (I,J,K)=(100,200,60), this of course will be
intersected with my complicated topography, so I have inflow at:

OB_Jsouth(50)=12:18

Outflow at:

OB_Jnorth(3)= 180:190

I am not sure about a correct format to input in data.obcs, how it would
be?

(OB_Jsouth(50)=12:18 or OB_Jsouth(50)=12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)

And how about a corresponding format of boundary conditions (for example
U), I mean if I shoud generate OB conditions for only these indices
U(50,12:18,K) or for the whole indices of the section U(I,J,K) and set
specific values at U(3,12:18,K)?

Thanks so much for any help!

Vth