[MITgcm-support] Obcs problems

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Fri Jun 20 02:54:12 EDT 2008

Maria,

the other possibility is that you misspelled ALLOW_OBCS_PRESCRIBE in
your OBCS_OPTIONS.h (this happens me all the time).

suggestions (this is how I normally try to track down a problem like
yours):
1. check spelling of cpp-flags (because the cpp processor will not
complain about that)
2. in your build directory, check where are the files in question
linked from (is your OBCS_OPTIONS.h really the one in your code-
directory)
3. delete obcs_check.f (lower case "f"!!!) and run "make
obcs_check.f" to rebuild it. check (also by comparison to
obcs_check.F) if this part of the code:
> #ifndef ALLOW_OBCS_PRESCRIBE
>       IF (useOBCSprescribe) THEN
>        WRITE(msgBuf,'(A)')
>      &  'OBCS_CHECK: ERROR: useOBCSprescribe = .TRUE. for'
>        CALL PRINT_ERROR( msgBuf , 1)
>        WRITE(msgBuf,'(A)')
>      &  'OBCS_CHECK: undef ALLOW_OBCS_PRESCRIBE'
>        CALL PRINT_ERROR( msgBuf , 1)
>        STOP 'ABNORMAL END: S/R OBCS_CHECK'
>       ENDIF
> #endif
is still in obcs_check.f and if *your* customized version of
OBCS_OPTIONS.h has really been included into obcs_check.f (beginning
of the file, you need to add some comments into the file to be able
to see that).

Repeat 1-3 until the above code snipped does not appear in
obcs_check.f any more. Then everything is OK and you should be able
to get a working executable with "make makefile && make CLEAN && make
depend && make".

Martin