[MITgcm-support] output.txt empty

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Jun 9 11:30:02 EDT 2008

Hi Nicolas,

inlining: the sx compiler only looks for routines to inline in the
same file unless you give it the names of files to search for
routines. Unfortunately, when you give it a filename and this file
does not exist, then the compilation aborts with an error. Therefore,
in FEXTRAFLAGS, there are only routines that are linked from model/
src, that is, that are always linked into the build-directory, so it
should be safe to use this option without any modification. I noticed
that the comment describing this flag is no longer up to date,
because FEXTRAFLAGS does not affect genmake2. If you want to inline
subroutines from some of the packages (currently I cannot thing of an
example candidate, but there are definitely some), then you'd have to
include them yourself.

I am also quite sure that only the last few lines in the opt files
are AWI-specific and you should be able to use it for cross compiling
"as is" (unless you need netcdf).

I also noticed that in some cases the gather/scatter_2d routines
break during vectorization (give segmentation faults). I don't think
that this has been fixed yet (in the compiler!). If you have this
problem, let me know and I'll give you the work-around (which I have
not checked in, because it's a work around, but maybe I should, what
do the code-czars think?).

Martin