[MITgcm-support] packages: exf & bulk_force

Van Thinh Nguyen vtnguyen at moisie2.math.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jun 4 17:18:40 EDT 2008

Hi,

I would like to simulate wind forcing & heat flux on the surface of a
lake, I have a bit confusion when I used 2 pkgs 'exf' and 'bulk_force' together.
Because some of routines in these pkgs are quite the same. I have 2
following questions:

1) When I use pkg 'bulk_force' & 'exf' I can input wind, air temperature,
solar, humidity & clouds which I can get from observations, however to do
that I got the "namelist" error, since I have to turn on pkg 'cal'.

2) if I use only pkg 'exf', could someone please tell me how can I
calculate lwdown/swdown from above parameters?

Thanks a lot!

Vth