[MITgcm-support] Velocity cubed sphere + pickup seaice

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Wed Jun 4 06:17:37 EDT 2008

Elja,
you don't need to change set_defaults.F, you can set most of the
relevant parameters (such as rSphere, rotationPeriod or omega, etc in
"data"; have a look at ini_parms.F to see which parameters are
available in namelists.

rac=dxg*dyg in meters^2 (etc.), dxg etc are computed based on the
value of rSphere (if "usingSphericalPolarGrid=.true."). the radius is
only hard-coded in cubeCalcAngle.m, but does that matter? The angles
are absolutely independent of the radius, right?

Martin