[MITgcm-support] error in MITgcm compilation

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 5 17:49:55 EST 2008

OK.
Still a bit hard to see what's going wrong
without knowing your config. files (the CPP options),
but essentially from what you send before it seems that
the header file AUTODIFF.h which contains arrays
StoreDynVars3D, StoreDynVars2D, etc.
is not properly included in the_main_loop.F
and therefore TAF chokes on undeclared arrays.
You can verify this by examining the_main_loop.f ("small f").
You can then try to figure out why it's not included.
One suspicion/guess that I have is that you have
an old version of the_main_loop.F,
but a newer version of the rest of the code.

Hope this helps a bit.
-p.