[MITgcm-support] RHO_2D problem

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Wed Dec 17 03:15:01 EST 2008

Hi Matej,

the error message implies that the model does not know which equation
of state to use, because the variable "equationOfState" is empty. To
set this variable set
eosType='LINEAR' in "data" for a linear EOS, 'JMD95Z' for something
more realistic and JMD95P or MDJWF for EOSs that use dynamic pressure
(instead of rho0*g*z). equationOfState is just a copy of eosType.

What puzzles me is that LINEAR is the default, even if you don't set
anything data (but you did in your data file according to your
output), so this message should not appear, unless something goes
seriously wrong elsewhere.

Can you run the tutorial_baroclinic_gyre successfully on your machine?
try
./testreport -t tutorial_baroclinic_gyre
(and maybe specify your build-options file via -of, too)
what does that give you?

Martin