[MITgcm-support] OBCS and nonlinFreeSurface

David Hebert hebert at nrlssc.navy.mil
Wed Apr 23 09:43:52 EDT 2008

I attempted to run a simulation with Orlanski OBCS and  nonlinFreeSurf =
4 set in data file. I got an error saying that nonlinFreeSurface it not
implemented yet with orlanski obcs. However, I see the routine
OBCS_APPLY_ETA, which does not seem to be called by any function.

I am wondering if obcs_apply_eta is not compatible with Orlanski where
lateral boundary meets surface, or if OBCS_APPLY_ETA is simply not ready
for use yet.

Thanks,

David